Thursday, January 22, 2009

With the weather cold outside, it is time to start talking baseball. It is less than 4 weeks til pitcher and catchers report.

I went to see the Indians play the SF Giants on my mom's birthday last year. I thought it was going to be my last time seeing Omar Vizquel play baseball. After all, there aren't many 40 year old shortstops in the MLB. However, according to mlb.com, Omar and the Texas Rangers have agreed to a 1 year minor league deal worth a million bucks. The Rangers want him to play SS in case there SS of the future doesn't work out. The Rangers come to Cleveland in August, so I might get a chance to see him play again.

My San Angelo Colts might not be playing baseball in 2009. There are many legal issues that must be taken care of before they can play ball. Luckily, the season doesn't start til the end of May. It looks like the ULB will be out of business, but the Continental Baseball League has invited all former ULB teams to join them this year. I hope something works out and the Colts can play in 2009.

It doesn't look like I will be a season ticket holder for the Indians this year. The team raised tickets prices. Last year, I bought 2 tickets to 20 games for $400. The same priced seats this year will be over $500. I will still go to a couple of games, but 20. I think I will enjoy listen to them play while sitting on our boat.

I am not happy with Aultman Hospital. They wanted T to work 10-2 ever Tuesday and Thursday. They have called her off both days this week. To make matters worse, she had to turn down a school job today, because she was suppose to work at Aultman. I think she should take all school jobs and call of the hospital if she is working at a school on a Tuesday or Thursday.

Til next time, Bayou.

No comments: