Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What do the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars and New Orleans Saints have in common? If you guessed, they are the only teams never to play in a Super Bowl, then you are correct. I can give a pass to the Jaguars (joined the NFL in 1995) and the Houston Texans (joined the NFL in 2002) for not making a Super Bowl. However, Jacksonville played in the AFC Championship game in 2000.

But, the Lions and Browns, have no excuse for not making 1 Super Bowl in 43 years. They went a combined 4-28 last season. So, I don't think I will be watching the Browns or the Lions in a Super Bowl anytime soon.

I am starting to watch Fox News's coverage of the Inauguration of President Obama. Although, I don't agree with the future (it is only 10:20am right now) President, I do wish him well in his new job. Because, if he does well, then the United States does well. However, I believe no matter what he does, the media will say he is the greatest President ever. I am sick of the media giving him a free pass on everything he does and will do.

Where is the liberal media criticizing the cost of the Inauguration. The estimated cost-$150 million. The cost of BOTH Inaugurations of President Bush was less than $100 million. I guess it just something else we, Joe Taxpayer, gets to pay.

Back to what is going on with the Bayou family. Sunday night, we went to our friends for an evening of football and Wii. We were having so much fun, we almost stayed the night.

Monday, I took K to the NW wrestling tournament. Mogadore did well. We had 2 Champions, 2 3rd place finishers and 1 4th place finisher. I missed going to the Dies Tournament. Most of the wrestlers were out early, but we did have 1 wrestler place 4th. If you do well in that tournament, you will do well in sectionals and districts.

Til next time, Bayou Out.

No comments: