Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Somehow I made it through today at school. 6am came a little to early today. My allergies kicked in today and I was sneezing and blowing my nose most of the day.

Back to last weekend, we made it down to the camper by 6pm. The Indians' game 2 was still on. We walked to the Festival and looked around. I would stop every so often to check the score. We watched the extra innings at Whitt's camper. The place went nutz when Hafner singled home the winning run.
Saturday was laid back. T took B to a Girl Scout thing, so it was just the boys for the afternoon. While they were gone, I helped Tim W prepare his world famous trashcan turkey. It was ready by 5:30pm. My mom made it to Atwood again this weekend and she brought some goodies for the picnic. By the time the picnic was over, the Buckeyes game was starting. They went on to beat Purdue.
Sunday was sad. We packed up our stuff for the winter. It looks like we are done camping for the season. Again, the weather was more like July, than October. We even got into the lake to wade around for a little bit. There were plenty of people at boater's beach and tubing. The water was not that cold.
I cant believe I forgot my camera at home for this weekend. Our aim and shoot camera is at Canon getting fixed. I hope we get it back soon. I felt kind of lost without a camera. I normally have one or the other with me at all times. I could have taken pictures with my cell phone, but those pictures are good for here, not printing them out.

The Bayou Steelers are 3-2. Last year at this time we were 1-4 and still went on to win the MNFFL Super Bowl VIII. This year Tony Romo is leading the Steelers and he racked up some points last night by throwing 2 tds and going over 300 yards passing. Rudi Johnson and Steven Jackson have been hurt this year and if they get healthy, then watch out for the Steelers to repeat!

Go Bayou!

No comments: