Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ok, back to the cruise...

Day 5---Grand Cayman.
We ate breakfast in the Windjammer. We needed to be on shore for our excursion by 10:30am. We tendered ashore in plenty of time. The Pirate Ship excursion was neat and the kids had a wonderful time. You get a good idea how big cruise ship are when you sail by them in a smaller craft. The pirate ship we were on was 3/4 the original size of Christopher Columbus's ships. After the pirates gave the kids the Pirate's oath and made them clean the deck, we were able to swim. Everyone (me, T, B, K, J and my cousin's boy, M), but my mom, went for a swim. Most of us walked the plank for a 6-8 foot jump into the water, while me and M jumped from the top rail of the ship 15-18 feet above the water.
Once we returned to shore, we did some shopping before return to Mariner. Tonight was the second formal night. I broke out my Dallas Cowboy bow tie. I received it as a gift from my aunt and uncle before my wedding. I figured since my aunt was on the cruise, it was a good time to wear it.

Day 6---Cozumel, Mexico
This was our first time to Cozumel. I was not sure if I would like it or not. Boy, was I surprised. It was much better than I ever thought. It was beautiful. The local taxi driver said the hurricane a few years ago wiped out much of the "eye sores" of Cozumel. Us and the Westcarrs spent the day at Paradise Beach. The kids had fun using all the water toys, snorkeling gear, kayak, bungee trampoline and floating mats. We did some shopping in the port area. We found the prices there to be some of the lowest on the trip. Dinner tonight was lobster. I think they were better on Mariner than Enchantment, but that is just my opinion. Briley watched the kids tonight after kid's club. T and I went to the Quest and as they say--what happens at the Quest--stays at the Quest. All I will say, if you sail Royal Caribbean, go to the Quest.
B did a good job watching the kids in our room. She is getting so big. It wont be long now, til she is babysitting. My little girl is growing up way too fast.

Day 7--At sea
We tried to pack in everything we wanted to do before the last day on the last day. It was nice to go for a swim. We meet up with the Lyons and Millers. We took pictures and packed:(
It was a wonderful trip. We counted down the day from 400+ to this cruise and now I have cruise withdraw. We chatted with so many people on cruisecritic.com on a daily basis, I miss it. We are looking forward to our next cruise. We hope to be on Freedom of the Seas in July 2010 cruise to the eastern side of the Caribbean. I will be letting everyone know dates on cost later because it was a blast cruise with friends and family!

The drive home was quick and painless. We did overnight at Missy and Tim's. It is great having them live half way between our house and the port.

There you have it, our "can't wait til '08" cruise review. Now, you just need to see the 700+ pictures and the hours of video we took on the trip...Lucky you!

No comments: