Thursday, September 11, 2008

Did you forget? I have not and hope you haven't either. The fire station down the street from my house has their huge American flag flying from the ladder truck. It is a beautiful reminder to everyone what happened 7 years ago today. Here is my blog for last year, scroll down and read my entry from Sept 11.
http://bayousteelers.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html
Here is another link you need to read.
http://www.webloggin.com/william-r-ruth-remembering-the-victims-of-911-by-big-dog/
I hope you take time to remember those who lost their life in the attacks. Say a prayer for their families who have spent the last seven years without loved ones. I remember watching TV at my parents house after school that day. It was just something we needed to do. We needed to be together and comfort each other. I hope we never have anything close to those attacks again, but I am sure people said that after Pearl Harbor.
Here is a link about the Pentagon Memorial. It is being dedicated today. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to visit it and pay my respects to the victims.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/11/pentagon.memorial/index.html
Now, I do not get political in my blog, because if you know me, then you know I will be voting the McCain/Palin ticket. I believe Senator McCain wants to keep the military strong and prevent any future attacks against the United States. I believe he is the right candidate to lead our military for the next 4 or 8 years.

God Bless you,your family, and God Bless America

-Bayou

No comments: