Thursday, April 17, 2008

I have a little catching up to do with my blog.

Monday. K and I went to the Indians game. I could use the same picture from 2 weeks ago. The weather was the same. Clear skies and cold. The tribe lost to the Red Sox.

Tuesday. We ran against Woodridge and Streetsboro. It was a beautiful day again. We lost to both schools by 100 points. It wasn't even a fair fight. We did have a few kids do well, but even that was not good enough.
http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/TeamResults.aspx?Cal=73322

Wednesday. The junior high held their first track meet of the year. They had a few bright spots. Again the weather has been beautiful. I guess the bad weather will be here by the weekend.

Now it is my time to rant about the Indians. I am glad that Joe Borowski is on the DL. He can try to find the missing mph on his fast ball. I am not a big fan of his. He did convert 85% of his save chances last year. It just seemed like he needed a 3 run lead in order to earn the save. Now, the rest of the bullpen baffles me. They were the best in the league last year, now they can't get anyone out. The reigning Cy Young winning is 0-3 with a 13.5 era. How ugly is that stat? C.C. will be a free agent at the end of this year. He is pitching himself into a smaller contract each and ever start. If he wants the $20 million per year for 6 years, then he better wheel off 10 straight wins and get that era down under 3. Of course, I can't forget the position players. The left field and right field players (Michaels, Gutierrez) are both under .200 with only 1 HR and 6 RBIs. The infield has Blake and Cabrera batting under .200 with 0 HR and 12 RBIs. The team is 4.5 games back of division leader Chicago. I don't think it is time to make a change (fire wedge), but if things don't improve then something must be done. There is too must talent on this team to win 5 games.
The NFL released their schedule this week. The Dallas Cowboys return to Cleveland on Sept. 7. It is their first trip to Cleveland since 1991. I went to that game. It was Labor Day weekend and the Cleveland Airshow was going on at Burke Lakefront Airport. The crowd was about 200,000 people in the downtown area. The football game and the airshow ended about the same time, so there were a ton of cars on E. 9th St trying to get on 77 and 71. I should be able to get some tickets for the game. I would like to get to a Cowboys game in Dallas this year. I would like to see them play in Texas Stadium during their last season. but, it doesn't look good. I can wait to see them in the new Texas Stadium in a few years.

Til next time,

Bayou out.

To my Akron Zips friends.......Kent State beat Akron in baseball last night.

No comments: