Thursday, March 06, 2008

It has been a relaxing week. Well, almost. The wrestling team rolled up the mats on Monday and Tuesday and then we had the end of the year awards night last night.
The was a busy week for birthdays. J turned 3 on 3/4 and my niece, Leighah, turns 1 today. This week also marked the 5th anniversary of my uncle's passing. It is hard to believe it has been 5 years. It seems like it has been just a few months. I can remember so many times I spent with him and my aunt. I take time, when I hear the National Anthem, to remember time spent together.
Here is one of my favorite quotes from my uncle:
"Why in the balded-headed hell didn't we go to San Diego?" He said this to my aunt when we were in Chicago in May of 1991. I do recall the temps in the 50's when we went to the 'new" Comisky Park. We did end up in San Diego a couple of years later.

Here is my aunt, cousin, uncle and myself at Superbowl XXVIII. The Cowboys defeated the Bills for the second straight year.


2 comments:

Whiskey said...

Fun times in Hot-lanta! Was that really FOURTEEN years ago?

The wx in Chicago wasn't THAT bad... I do remember it being cold at Comiskey but it was nice the rest of the week.

WSC

Bayou said...

The weather wasn't that bad, but not like San Diego weather.
Every year at Super Bowl time I remember that trip to the ATL. That trip was the only time I ever went "rail-fanning". Do you remember? Somewhere I still have that train picture.