Sunday, January 27, 2008

When Friday night ended, I thought both Matt and Bubba would ended up being eliminated quickly in the Junior High PTC Tournament. Well, Matt did losing two times ended his 7th grade wrestling season. However, Bubba, who up until Thursday night had never won a match went on to pin two more opponents on his way to a 6th place finish. The thought of him placing in this tournament never crossed my mind. He is now talking about wrestling in high school. I hope so. He needs to stay active. Bubba is the wrestler on the far left.
Because Bubba did so well Saturday, I never made it out to Austintown to see the varsity team. Joe (4th) and Shayne (5th) placed. This is the toughest tournament we are entered in all season. It is loaded with a couple D1 powers, plus a couple of D2 powers. However, it gives us tougher competition than we will face in our league meet. It is a great warm-up for the sectional tournament next month.
We did not do much today. T got called off work today. No big surprise there. I did clean the fish tanks. K new beta fish moved into his bigger tank. The picture below shows the 5 fantails that reside in the tank in the living room. You need to look close to see the fifth fish, but they are all there. 3 of them have been living with us for over a year. Lately, J has been asking to get a puppy. Thankfully, the other 2 have not got on that bandwagon. I would love for them to have a dog, but with my allergies there is no way. I saw what my mom went through on a daily basis with Sadie and I don't want to go through it. So, I am more than happy with the fish. There is a nice big tank at Petsmart I would love to have. If it goes on sale, it might just end up here.
See you Down by the Bayou!

No comments: