Friday, December 14, 2007

K's boy scout den went roller skating on Tuesday. I am not sure when the last time I was on roller skates. I have been ice skating, but roller skating, I can't even remember. I never got into in-line skates back in the 90's. I thought about getting a pair when I lived off campus, but got a bike instead. I do remember the day when I was in 6th and 7th grade, my school would have roller skate nights at The Skatery. But, once I entered Edison Jr High, my skating days where behind me. Well, almost. I do recall going to Texas to visit my aunt and uncle and going skating with my cousin at 8 Wheels. I have no idea how I remember the name of the place, but I do. I forgot to look for it during vacation this past June. I doubt it is still there. It has been a few years since that trip. Fuss up, Wes, what was your favorite memory of 8 Wheels?
This is not "Where's Waldo" Both K and B were in the school Christmas program Thursday night. I was a good program, just under an hour. K has a speaking part and B played an instrument in a small group. The program explored December Around the World.

Tomorrow is a wrestling tournament in Malvern and the Santa party. I will miss the party for the 4th straight year. I will survive. I will need to email my wish list to Santa later. We should do fairly well at the tournament. The Cats had 4 guys place in the top 3 last year and all of them are back this year.
It was a big week in sports this week. It started off with the Cowboys coming from behind to beat the Lions. Later in the week, I was surprised with the amount of names in the Mitchell Report. I think it was more or less a witch hunt. I don't think any of the report would stand up in a court of law, but we now know who cheated. The big question will be, does Roger Clemens get into the HOF? If McGwire isnt in, then Roger better not get in. The week will end with the Mount Union Purple Raiders will go for there 3rd straight year and 10th in the last 14 years. They are playing UW-Whitewater again for the 3rd straight year. My brother and I went to Salem, VA in 2002 and saw MUC beat Trinity (San Antonio, TX). We had so much fun on the drive down and back. I would like to take mom down there one year. She, her brother, her dad and her oldest daughter all graduated from MUC. She doesn't go to games,. but will listen to them on the radio.
Well, it is time to go to bed. I need to get up early tomorrow.
-Bayou



1 comment:

Whiskey said...

My favorite memory from Eight Wheels? Probably playing "Space Invaders" while listening to Kool & the Gang.

I think it's a furniture store now...