Sunday, December 16, 2007

Always the bridesmaid? THE Ohio State University lost to Wake Forest in the NCAA Soccer Championship game today. The Buckeyes have lost their last 3 National Championship games. (football, basketball and soccer). Speaking of bridesmaids, Mount Union lost the D3 championship game. It was their first loss in 4 years.
I made it through the storm that hit Ohio. I spent most of Saturday at the Malvern Tournament. The team finished in 3rd place. We had 2 champions, Josh Bailes and Shayne Stewart and 4 2nd place finishers, Dan Smith, Joe Bailes, Zach Glagola and Phil Everett. After the tournament, I drove to my sister's for the annual Santa party. This was the first party I attended in 3 years. It is fun watching the kids sitting on Santa's lap.
This week should be a quick week. Only 5 more school days until Christmas break. I love being a teacher, but having to take vacation at a certain time sucks at times. Teachers always take vacations during "peak" seasons. The cruise we are taking next summer is $700 cheaper if we could go in Oct, Nov or the beginning of Dec. Oh well, I will enjoy my vacation next week. I guess I am lucky to have Christmas and New Year's off every year.
Somebody forgot to tell the Cowboys they had a game today. Hopefully, this is the last L of the 2007-2008 season. If that happens, then we will win Super Bowl XLII.

--Bayou Out

No comments: