Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Break is here. The talent show at school was not as good as years past. But, it was a fun time watching the students showcase their talent.
I have finished all my shopping this weekend. I had some time on my hands because I did not schedule a wrestling tournament this weekend. I would let everyone know what I got my family, but I know they read my blog and that would ruin the surprise. We have a full couple of days ahead. Tomorrow is the annual "Eating of the Beignets". This family tradition started a few years ago. If you have every been to Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans, you know what a beignets is. http://www.cafedumonde.com/ If not, check out this website. T and I ate their when we went to NOLA with John and Kelly. T purchases the mix from a store in Aurora Farms. It is almost like being in there. We will head over to mom and dad's for Christmas Eve lunch before going to church. Then, Christmas Day will be busy as well. We will head to mom and dad's in the morning and T's parents in the afternoon/evening. Then on the 26th, we will rest.
Changing gears to sports. The Cowboys beat the Carolina Panthers last night. I did not get to see the game because it was on the NFL network. I did follow the game on the computer. Thanks to that victory and a Green Bay loss, the Boys have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Browns could have clinched a playoff spot, but they gave away the game to Cincinnati. They can still get in with a W next week. I will be heading to the Cle-SF game with Jeff and Brian. Hopefully, the weather will be sunny and 50. Yea right, but I can at least ask for next weather. Maybe Santa is still listening.
Merry Christmas from the Bayou.

No comments: