Tuesday, March 17, 2009

J at Castaway Bay last weekend.
I take a picture of J every 6 months with this football. When he was born, he was the size of this football. It is my plan to have his senior pictures taken with the football.
It has been a week since my last blog. I am sorry to my loyal readings, but sometimes not much happens. Here is a quick re-cap. Track season started last week. Our numbers are down this year. Our best thrower will be out for the season. He torn his ACL last fall, but had a couple of surgeries due to staph infections. We will miss him. Thankfully, he is a junior and will be back next year.
March madness is in swing. The Golden Flashes will play in the Collegeinsider.com Tournament. the .com Tournament is a new tournament this year with a focus on the mid-majors. I think they could win a couple of games in this tournament. There are 5 teams from Ohio in the big dance; Akron, Cleveland State, Dayton, Ohio State and Xavier. I don't think there are any final four team in that group.
We spent the weekend at Castaway Bay in Sandusky, Ohio. It was B's girl scouts weekend retreat. My roommate from Kent meet us there. We went to Great Wolfe Lodge with them last year. We had a good time again this year. I think I liked Castaway Bay's water park better, but GWL's rooms are better.
Til next time,
Bayou

No comments: