Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas vacation and it feels like Christmas. It was 8 degrees this morning when I woke up. The wind chill was in the -15 degree range. We have a light dusting of snow on the ground. I am not sure we are going to get measurable snow fall before Christmas, which is too bad. I enjoy having the white stuff on the ground at Christmas time.

Some things from last week. The annual MHS Talent Show was the best in the recent years. I stayed in Mogadore and took pictures of the basketball game. The Cats are better than last year, but have a long long way to go before they become a .500 team. But, with basketball it is tough to win if you don't have some size and we don't have it.

Saturday night I went to the Winking Lizard to watch the Cowboys game. The game was on the NFL network and I don't pay to see that channel. I met up with Jeff, Liz and her dad (both are Cowboy fans). We had a good time until the fourth quarter. Somewhere I thought the Boys would pull out a victory in the last game at Texas Stadium, but I was wrong. I am glad I didn't spend the money on a ticket to the game.

Sunday, T had to work. We stayed at home and watched football. As it works out, the Cowboys will make the playoffs if they beat Philadelphia next week. I am not sure that will happen, but it is nice to know they control their own playoff fate.

We have a few things to do before Christmas Eve, Day, Day after. Tomorrow, I am taking the kids to Atwood to check out the camper. If the weather is warmer we may take a short hike. T had things to do (wrapping) and she wants the kids out of the house for a few hours. Christmas Eve morning we will enjoy a "Beignet Breakfast". It is our Christmas Eve breakfast tradition. K told his teacher about it and she is going to make some beignets over break.

Of course tomorrow is Festivus and I would love to post my "airing of grievances". It would be a nice long list, but in the spirit of Christmas (which, according to someone I have none) I will let things in the past stay in the past.

I am off to relax and enjoy my vacation.

---Bayou

No comments: