Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome to Bayou's Travel Service, or the latest baseball trip I have scheduled. This will be the first baseball trip without my buddy from Michigan, but he has prior plans the week I am planning this trip. I am taking my 2 boys and going to NYC with a friend and his boy. We will be seeing two day games, one each in Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium. It is the last year for both stadiums. My sons have both been to Yankee Stadium, but not Shea. My friend has never been to NYC at all, so it will be 2 new stadiums for him and his son. We are heading to NYC in July for this trip.

Here is the list of stadiums I have seen a game in, plus any other family who were there as well. The word retired by a stadium means baseball is no longer played in that stadium or the stadium is no longer standing.

Tampa (T,B,K,J)
Boston (T)
Baltimore (T)
NY Yankees (T,B,K,J)
Chicago White Sox (T)
Minnesota (T,B,K)
Cleveland-retired (T)
Cleveland Progressive Field (T,B,K,J)
Detroit-retired(T,B)
Detroit Comerica Park (T,K)
Kansas City (T)
LA Angeles (T)
Oakland (T)
Texas-retired
Texas Ameriquest Field (T,B,K)
Seattle-retired (T)
Florida (T)
Atlanta-retired (T)
Atlanta Turner Field
Philadelphia-retired (T)
NY Mets (T)
Washington-retired (T,B,K,J)
Chicago Cubs (T)
St. Louis-retired (T,B,K)
Houston-retired
Pittsburgh-retired (T,B)
Milwaukee-retired (T,B)
Cincinnati-retired (T)
Arizona (T,B)
Los Angeles Dodgers
Colorado
San Fransisco-retired (T)
San Diego-retired (T)
Montreal (T)

T: 34 stadiums
T: 29 stadiums
B: 11 stadiums
K: 8 stadiums
J: 4 stadiums

Toronto is the only major league I have never visited. T and I will increase our stadium count on our Labor Day trip this year. Maybe next year I will plan a trip to Chicago and Milwaukee and get my boys to Wrigley. We'll see.

--Bayou

No comments: