Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday was the last day of Cub Scout Day Camp. K caught 2 good size catfish. We could of had dinner with what he caught. He ended up having a fun time all week and is looking forward to camp next year.
We had less than a hour after camp to get ready for the season ending baseball game. We only had 9 players show up for the game. But the nine who showed up came to play. K went 2 for 4 with a couple of RBIs and fielded his position well. Then, the lighting came. With 1 out in the top of the seventh, the ump called the game.....with K's team holding onto a 2 run lead......YES, WE WON!!!!!!!! We scored 5 in the bottom of the 6th to take the lead and held on to the lead.
But with the thunderstorm in the area it meant the after game party here at the house was cancelled. We will try to rescheduled it after the tournament game next week.

Happy Flag Day (today)
Happy Father's Day (tomorrow)
Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Bayou, 12 years! (tomorrow)

One last thing, the big announcement will not happen. SD Myers called me last week and wanted to know if I would consider working for them over the summer. I said I would think about it. However, they would want me to do some training. With this training it would not be worth me going to work for them this summer. My old boss said I could do the training in December this year and work next summer. I am open to the idea as long as it is not every week. So, we will see what happens later this year.

-Bayou

No comments: