Thursday, May 17, 2007

K lost his second tooth today.
The wrestling team worked a food stand at the Akron Aeros game. We made over $100. I am not sure the total, but not too bad. We have 4 more times to earn $$$.

Me and K before one of his games.


Sorry again. I try not to go so long without writing things down. It just seems something is going on every night.
Recap of the week:
Saturday: Mogadore boys team finished ahead of Rootstown! We did not win any events, but did manage to score in most of the events. I went to the "post meet" gathering. We talked about the pros and cons of the first team/second team awards the coaches must go back to Rootstown and vote on.
Sunday: Akron Aeros game. We had 7 people working. We need to get 10 and we should have that next time.
Monday: K had a game. K has changed his swing. I am not sure why, but he is now doing a check swing. I will need to work on that. He could be getting more power in his swing.
Tuesday: Best day of the year, weather wise. It was 85. I mowed the yard and tried to straighten up where the stumps used to be. I will be rented a tiller soon and getting the yard ready for the barn.
Wednesday: What a difference a day makes. A storm front went through in the middle of the night. I was awake most of the night, only J made his way into our bed. The temp dropped into the 50's. The district track meet was held at Norwayne HS. It rained on and off most of the 7+ hours we were there. We managed 1 point. Zack Trainer was 8th in the shot. We will have chances to score tomorrow night. I doubt we will have anyone or relay team advance.
Thoughts on the Cavs: I actually watched 2 games so far in the series with NJ. I hate pro basketball. Give me the NCAA any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Thoughts in the Tribe: There are some in the national media that think the tribe can make it to the World Series. Are they kidding. This is Cleveland. Nothing good happens here in sports. The pitching is ok. The closer has 2 blown saves where he was one strike away from the save. I watched him give up a hit and homerun to tie the game on Sunday. Then the next 2 guys get hits and then a 3 run home run to win the game for Oakland.
That is enough for now,
Bayou

No comments: