Friday, January 19, 2007

Last day of the semester today. I will get new kids on Monday. Tech Ed and Yearbook are the only two yearlong classes I teach. I had a meeting today about my new classroom. The darkroom was scratched from the plans. However, since the room was already built I will use the room as a digital photography center. Our Director of Technology will install 7 new computers in the room. The darkroom and yearbook room were going to be side by side, now they are combined into one room. It will still have room for my couch and a bookshelf. I was able to take a mini-tour of the new building. This included a close look at my rooms. The storage space is a little smaller than I thought, but will work just fine. The shop area is spacious. It will take some time before I get all the tools and equipment I need, but it will be just fine for now. I still have plans for the cornhole boards as the first project. I cant wait for spring break. The Project manager still has hopes everything will be done before then. I hope so. He even thinks the parking lot in front of the school will be done before graduation. That means the old school will have to be knocked down. It should be an exciting time at MHS.

Bayou is rooting for the Saints to defeat the Bears this Sunday. I think everyone outside of Chicago is rooting on the Saints to make it to the Super Bowl.

Til next time, See you Down by the Bayou


Here is a picture of K near the old entrance to the hallway that lead to my classroom. This picture was taken in April 2005. They knocked down my classroom shortly after this picture was taken. I will post another picture of what my classroom looks like today next week.

No comments: