Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We moved the dock from one side of Atwood to the other side last night. Dad and I have a pretty good system and we work well together to install and remove the dock. I thought the most eventful part of the evening was when dad cut his hand on a metal pole, but I was wrong. After we installed the dock at the new location, we wanted to go for a boat ride. Teresa was being nice and offered to put the boat sticker on the back pontoon. I was making sure all the kids had their life jacket on, I heard 'Oh sh*t !' followed by a big splash sound. As she was leaning down to apply the sticker to the pontoon, she grab the back sun deck for support. The sun deck is in three sections and all three sections open out towards the back of the boat. So, as she grab the sun deck, it started to open and she lost her balance and fell in. She went in with her cell phone in her pocket and her watch on. She was wear a nice big sweatshirt and jeans. She looked like a drowned rat. I did not take any pictures, or let B's friend take one on her cell phone. Oh, the water was a chilly 58 degrees. I can laugh about it now, but at the time, I just wanted her out of the water. Thankfully, we always bring down a change of clothes just in case. Well, last night, was just in case.

No comments: