Thursday, August 21, 2008

We had a small delay getting onto the ship. B was staying with my mom and my mom was on her way from Orlando. RC would not let B board until the adult in her room checked in. I finally talked to the Pier Coordinator and B received her Seapass card. We boarded about 12:30. The Ocean Adventure crew greeted us as soon as we stepped on to the ship. B, K and J all signed up for kids club. After they signed up, we headed to Windjammer for lunch. During this time I was talking to my mom to see when they would arrive. My aunt from Texas was going to surprise my mom by cruising with us. She booked the trip in January and only I knew about it. I am a great secret keeper. Once my mom arrived, she headed to the WJ for lunch. I waited in our room for my aunt who was checking in at the pier. I finally met up with my aunt and my cousin's 2 kids and took them to WJ. My mom was on the phone with Kerri. Mom could not believe what she was seeing! She was almost in shock! After a quick bite for the Texas travellers, it was off to see Dawn. It took a second to sink in, but she realized who was knocking at her door. You should see the video. I might have to put it on youtube.

The sail away party was fun. We were on the pool deck with Craig and family. We had some time before dinner so we explored the ship.

Dinner was good. The Texas travellers had their own table tonight, but it was changed for the rest of the cruise. The kids checked out kid club.

Bayou, DDS was put into action. I pulled one of M's (my cousin's son) front teeth. Not, to be outdone, my mom pulled the other one. The "cruithfairy" left 5 dollars for him.

We did see some of the "Hurricane Dodger" on board. We all were wearing our bright teal blue t-shirts. It was fun meeting people we talked to on-line for the last year. If you are going to cruise anytime, check out cruisecritic.com. It has all the answers for cruisers. There is a section for meeting other cruisers that will be on your ship.

Day One ended and we all fell asleep in our very comfortable beds. More tomorrow.

--Bayou Cruiser

No comments: