Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The kids are off to school. I will be off to MHS shortly as well. I am going up to drop off stuff for my classroom. My first teacher day is Friday and I will have students on Tuesday.

Pre-cruise drive to Florida. We left on Thursday, August 7 at 10am and arrived in Fort Mill, SC about 7pm. We took our time and ran into some traffic. Missy's girls were happy to see the kids. We visited the rest of the night with them. On Friday (08/08/08) were did some swimming in the neighborhood pool. B loved the 2 water slides. After dinner, Tim and I went golfing at Carolina Lakes CC. It was a challenge to golf with someone else's clubs on a course I have never played. It is a tough course, but we had fun. We spent the night playing Rock Band all night long. We were up early on Saturday morning for the drive to Port Canaveral. It was about a nine hour drive due to a couple of traffic tie-ups. The Radisson at the Port is a beautiful resort. The kids loved the pool and the food was delicious. We meet up with Craig and Martha. They arrived about 10 minutes before us. After dinner, we did see Sue and Rick. We had driven a bag of theirs down because they flew down.
I was up at 6am on Sunday morning ready for the cruise. I wanted to go out to the beach and see the ship come in, but they were already in port. The Mariner of the Seas made the other two ships (Disney Wonder and Carnival Sensation) look so small. We had breakfast at the hotel and then it was hang out until 11:30 to get the shuttle to the port. We waited with Sue and Rick. Craig was on the 12:00 noon shuttle. Finally, our names were called and we boarded the bus for the short ride to the port.

Next entry will be the first couple of days aboard Mariner of the Seas.

No comments: