Saturday, December 23, 2006

What a week. There are things they cant teach you in school, and one of them is how to deal when tragedy hits your school. I did not hear about it til Wednesday morning on the radio while I was driving to school. One of Mogadore's graduates raped his ex-girlfriend, who is in one of my classes this year. She is 17, so I will not write her name. Once he left her house, he was chased by police. He ran his car off the road. Before the police could reach him, he shot and killed himself.
The school was shaken up, but relieved that she was going to be ok. She was treated and released from a local hospital the same night. She was not in school either wednesday or thursday. My prayers are with her this Christmas season. Also, my prayers go out to Doug's family. He was one of my first 7th graders I had in class as a teacher. He was always kind and polite towards me. It was truely a sad day in Mogadore.
So, Thursday had to be better right? Well, it was not on the scale of the day before, but the day was weird. I had been getting the idea from Chris Adams, Mogadore's treasurer, that we would be getting new mats for the wrestling team. Well, Rich shot that down again. I got word that Bretton was in a fight. He will be out of school for the first three days of the new year. That means he can not wrestle in the Northwest Tournament. Then Josh quit the team, saying he does not have fun anymore. So, the team went to Streetsboro and got waxed by Streetsboro and Salem. What a way to start Christmas break.
Yesterday, the coaches talked Josh into stay on the team. We had a team meeting and got something cleared up. Hopefully, thing will be better for the Waterloo Tournament next week. After practice I did finish Christmas shopping.
Tonight, we are going out with the Yosts. We will meet them somewhere near Chapel Hill. It should be fun. Also, we are the two teams left in the MNFFL Super Bowl VIII. It would be the Donut Holes' first championship or Bayou's third. We will have a fun night.

Merry Christmas from the Bayou

No comments: